Recipe – Chicken Curry
Introduction—Chicken Curry is a very famous and delicious curry cooked using onion, tomato, ginger gravy and server mostly with rice preparation due to soft pieces of chicken.
Requirements—Cleaned Utensils, Fresh chicken 500gm, Water jug, spices, curry masala or preferably garam masal, tomatos, onions, green chillies, red chilli powder, fresh yogurt, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and leaves, coconut powder, ginger garlic paste, edible oil, pan or pressure cooker and your enthusiasm.
- Bring fresh Chicken preferably having bone as juices of bones will add more flavoured taste.
- Wash it thoroughly with running water or by sinking in a tub of water.
- Drain water.
- Cut it into equal sizes.
- You can prepare garam masala at your own in grinder or by pounding on stone tool or have it readymade from market.
- Start the preparation by boiling edible oil of 3 tablespoons in a pan.
- Add 2-4 green cardamom (preferably pounded) and 4-5 pieces of cloves.
- Also you can add a little rai and cumin.
- Saute this well till you feel it colors changed along with a good smell.
- Till then
- Chop onions,
- Cut green chillies
- Prepare tomato slices
- If you have curry leaves then wash them too.
- Wash the coriander and extract its leaves.
- Now add onion and green chilies into the pan and fry them on low flame till color changed.
- Now add tomato slices to mesh up with the mixture and also add salt, coriander powder, and turmeric.
- Stir well for a minute and add ginger garlic paste along with red chili powder.
- After 2 minutes add garam masala powder whose aroma will bring water in your mouth.
- Stir the mixture well for 1 minute.
- Add chicken now and cooked the mixture for 3-5 minutes on low flame.
- Cover the pan or cooker and let it cook for 8-10 minutes at the low-medium flame and stir once or twice during the period.
- Add 100ml of hot water to make the curry thick.
- Stir well and cooked the mixture for at least 10 minutes till the chicken softens.
- You can see the curry also get thick. If not cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add curry leaves and stir again.
- Your delicious, mouth watering and soft-spicy chicken curry is ready to serve.
- Use coriander leaves along with 1 table spoon cream for garnishing.
!!!Enjoy your dish with Naan, Parantha, Chapaati, Bread but I prefer using any kind of rice preparations.
Read More :- Mutton Curry.