Recipe – Chicken Korma
Introduction—Chicken Korma is a gravy-based dish blended with a creamy taste using cashews, onions and thick curd or yogurt. It is a very common non-veg preparation in India as the word korma is derived here only.
Requirements—Cleaned Utensils, Fresh Chicken 500gm, Water jug, spices, korma masala, tomatoes, onions, green chilies, red chili powder, fresh and thick yogurt, salt, Kasuri methi, turmeric powder, coriander powder and leaves, coconut powder, ginger garlic paste, edible oil, cashews, peanuts, carrot, peas, pan, and your passion.
- Bring fresh Chicken.
- Wash it thoroughly with running water or by sinking in a tub of water.
- Drain water.
- You can also optional marinate it with lemon juice additionally for a more soft result for 10-20 minutes.
- Then use yogurt , red chilli powder, salt, turmeric to marinate the Chicken.
- Ginger garlic paste can also used for marination.
- Advisable to refrigerate for a period of 5-6 hours or more for better tendering results ie more soft.
- Take the marinated chicken out of the fridge.
- Wait till chicken temperature drops and set to normal temperature.
- Till then
- Chop onions in round shape.
- Cut green chillies
- Prepare cashews and peanuts.
- Prepare tomato puree of 3 tomatoes along with some cashews (12 pieces) and peanuts..
- Wash coriander and extract its leaves.
- Make paste of coconut powder (optional).
- Now boil 35ml of edible oil in a pan and add 3-4 cardamom and cloves.
- Add chopped onion in the pan and fry them till get yellow.
- Also fry the peanuts in the pan.
- Make a paste of nuts, cashew and onion after cooling them.
- Add yogurt in the paste.
- You can also add coconut powder in the paste for a different taste.
- Now add more 25ml of edible oil in the pan and add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and cumin.
- After 2 minutes add marinated chicken in the pan along with green chilli.
- Stir the mixture and let it be cook for 5-6 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the initially prepared paste in the pan along with 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder and 2 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Don’t forget to add very little bit of turmeric powder and salt as per taste.
- Optionally for unique taste lovers, you can also add 2-3 teaspoon of tomato puree for a different taste.
- You can also add korma masala if you have.
- You can add is kasuri methi ie.. crushed it with your hands over the mixture.
- Stir the mixture and let it allowed to cook for 12-15 minutes till our chicken get soft on a low flame.
- Garnish the dish with coriander leaves, cherry etc.
- Serve the dish using initially chopped rounded onions,Carrot as Salad and with rice preparations or with Naan.
Note: Chicken with bone will add more flavor to chicken korma taste as bone juice will infuse in the mixture.
!!!Your patience has given you a very tasteful result of your passion. Enjoy!!.