Recipe – Chicken Masala
Introduction—Chicken Masala is a very famous and simple to learn dish for cooking. As the name depicts Masala i.e. it is totally a masala dish in which you can try different experiments with various masala combinations.
Requirements—Cleaned Utensils, Fresh chicken 500gm , Water jug, spices, chicken masala, garam masala, tomatoes, onions, green chillies, red chilli powder, fresh yogurt, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and leaves, coconut powder, cashew paste, ginger garlic paste, edible oil, pan and your attention.
- Bring fresh Chicken preferably having bone as juices of bones will add more flavoured taste.
- Wash it thoroughly with running water or by sinking in a tub of water.
- Drain water.
- Cut it into equal sizes.
- If you want to you can marinate it using yogurt, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and refrigerate it for 1 hour to 15 hours.
- Longer marination means more soft the chicken.
- You can prepare garam masala at your own in grinder or by pounding on stone tool or have it readymade from market.
- Start the preparation by boiling edible oil of 3 tablespoon in a pan.
- Add 2-4 green cardamom (preferably pounded) and 4-5 pieces of cloves.
- Also you can add little rai and cumin.
- Saute this well till you feel it colors changed along with a good smell.
- Till then
- Chop onions,
- Cut green chillies
- Prepare tomato slices
- If you have curry leaves then wash them too.
- Wash coriander and extract its leaves.
- Now add onion and green chillies into the pan and fry them on low flame till color changed.
- Now add tomato puree to mesh up with the mixture and also add salt, coriander powder and turmeric.
- Stir well for a minute and add ginger garlic paste along with red chilli powder.
- After 2 minutes add garam masala powder whose aroma will bring water in your mouth.
- Stir the mixture well for 1 minute.
- Add chicken now and cooked the mixture for 3-5 minutes in low flame.
- Cover the pan or cooker and let it cook for 8-10 minutes at low-medium flame and stir once or twice during the period.
- Stir well and cooked the mixture for at least 10 minutes till chicken softens .
- Add cashew paste mixed along with coconut powder.
- Add curry leaves and stir again.
- Your delicious, mouth watering and soft-spicy chicken masala is ready to serve.
- Use coriander leaves along with 1 table spoon cream for garnishing.
!!!Enjoy your dish with Naan, Parantha, Chapati, Bread but I prefer using any kind of rice preparations.
Stay Tuned With us