Recipe – Chicken Tangdi Kabab
Introduction—A very good and yummy starter for a party of the restaurant, Tangdi Kabab, is made of drumsticks of a chicken.
Requirements—Cleaned Utensils, Fresh Chicken Drumsticks500gm, Water jug, spices, onions, green chillies, red chilli powder, liquid yogurt or we can say buttermilk, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and leaves, ginger garlic paste, corn flour, edible oil, oven or pan, your passion and lovely music.
- Bring fresh Chicken drumsticks.
- Wash it thoroughly with running water or by sinking in a tub of water.
- Drain water.
- Chop the drumsticks in a way like slits.
- Sink these drumsticks in bowl containing yogurt, pepper powder, red chilli powder , garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste ,salt and turmeric powder.
- Let the above mixture be left for 2 hours to 24 hours.
- Optional more spices can be added to enhance the taste like coriander powder and kasuri methi.
- Advisable to refrigerate it in a cover for a period of 1-2 hours or more for better tendering results ie more soft.
- Take the marinated chicken and drain the liquid yogurt out of the fridge.
- Wait till temperature drops and set to normal temperature.
- Till then
- Fire the charcoal as we are going to make our kabab on red charcoals to have a splendid taste.
- If you want to place any grilling tray over charcoals then you can use it.
- Chop onions, carrot, tomato in small slices etc.
- Cut green chillies
- Wash coriander and extract its leaves.
- Optionally sprinkle the corn flour over the marinated drumsticks properly so that they get coated well.
- Now grill the drumsticks till their colour not changes i.e. at least 18-20 minutes.
- Flip the chicken to get grilled properly from every part .
- Sprinkle some red chilli powder to make it some spicy.
- Let it be cooked for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with coriander leaves or green leaves of onion and garlic if you can.
- Serve the dish using initially chopped rounded onions, cucumber, carat etc as Salad and with spicy onion garlic chutney or with coriander leaves chutney(green chutney).
Note: You can use Pan, Oven also to grilled the Tangdi kabab
!!!Your patience has given you a very tasteful result of your passion. It is a more enjoyable dish for youth, can enjoy well in cold winter night camps with friends. !!