Recipe – Chili Chicken
Introduction—Chilli Chicken just like Chilli Paneer (one of my favorites) is a widely used dish as a starter and appetizer and the most lovable dish of each foodie. It is a grilled or fried dish which can be a combination of sweet and spicy taste blended in a thick gravy or many food lovers enjoy dry chili chicken.
Requirements—Cleaned Utensils, Fresh Chicken 300gm, Water jug, spices, tomatoes, onions, green chillies, capsicum, green leaf onions (spring onions),green leaf garlic (spring garlic),red chilli powder, pepper powder, salt, turmeric powder,corn flour, maida (plain flour), bread, coriander powder and leaves, ginger garlic paste, edible oil, different types of sauces like soya sauce, red chilli sauce, green chilli sauce, tomato sauce,vinegar, oven and your passion and enthusiasm.
- Bring fresh Chicken.
- Wash it thoroughly with running water or by sinking in a tub of water.
- Drain water.
- Marination can be done using different sauces.
- But before marinade process, cut the chicken in equal cube sized small pieces.
- Now add 8 ml soya sauce, 10 ml chilli sauce,5 ml green chilli sauce and sprinkle 1 teaspoon pepper powder and optional ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Mix it and then sprinkle corn flour and plain flour over the mixture to make it crunchy.
- Add 100 ml of water to remove the dryness of our mixture.
- Mix again
- Add little bit of red chilli powder ie ½ teaspoon.
- Mix well and advisable to refrigerate it for a period of 5-6 hours or more for better tendering results ie more soft.
- Take the marinated chicken cubes out of the fridge.
- Wait till chicken temperature drops and set to normal temperature.
- Till then
- Chop onions, capsicum, spring onion, spring garlic,carrot etc.
- Cut green chillies and deseed them.
- Wash coriander and extract its leaves.
- Cut bread pieces also in small size.(optional use of bread).
- Start the burner and pour 2-3 spoon of edible oil to fry the chicken cubes.
- When oil gets heated, add the chicken cubes and deep fry them till became crunchy.
- Put the fried cubes on a colander to drain its oil.
- Now fry the onions and bread pieces also in the remaining edible oil.
- Take out the fried onion and bread pieces in colandar and let their oil also get drain.
- Now check whether remaining oil in pan is 1-2 tablespoon or not. If not then add more oil.
- Add garlic pieces and cummins and fry them.
- Then add onion, capsicum, carrot, green chilli and stir the mixture and fry for a minute or two.
- Add now all the sauces that is 25 ml of soya sauce, 40 ml of red chilli sauce, 60 ml of tomato sauce, 5 ml of vinegar.
- Stir the mixture once for a minute and then add little red chilli powder and a little bit of sugar (optional).
- Flip the chicken to get grilled properly from every part.
- Cook this mixture till it gets thicken.
- Add fried chicken cubes and stir the mixture and let it be cooked for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Also add fried bread pieces and onions and mix for once.
- Sprinkle the leaves of spring onion and spring garlic.
- Switch off the burner and also garnish the dish with coriander leaves .
- Serve the dish hot-n-hot.
Note: Chicken cubes should not be bigger in size and preferably without bone.
!!!Your patience has given you a very tasteful result of your passion. Enjoy the dish with a glass of wine or whiskey and soft music played in the background will enhance the dish taste!!