Recipe – Chilli Prawns
Introduction—Chilli Prawns just like Chilli Paneer (one of my favourite) or Chilli Chicken or Chilli Fish is a used dish as a starter and most typical and fabulous dish which has a good taste. It is a baked or fried dish which can be a combination of sweet and spicy taste blended in thick gravy or many food lovers enjoy dry chilli Prawns. You should try the chilli prawns with your friends and relatives to have a different, amazing, unique taste for your tongue.
Requirements—Cleaned Utensils, Fresh large Prawns 10-12, Water jug, spices, tomatoes, onions, green chillies, capsicum, green leaf onions (spring onions),green leaf garlic (spring garlic),red chilli powder, pepper powder, salt, turmeric powder, cornflour, maida (plain flour), bread, coriander powder and leaves, ginger garlic paste, edible oil, different types of sauces like soya sauce, red chilli sauce, green chilli sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar, pan, oven and your passion and enthusiasm for cooking.
- Bring fresh prawns and de-veined them.
- Wash it thoroughly with running water or by sinking in a tub of water.
- Drain water and rinse it properly.
- Marination can be done using simple water having two teaspoon sugar and little salt.
- Also you can add little pepper water in above mixture.
- Set the prawns in the above mixture for 25-30 minutes.
- Take corn flour and plain flour.
- Chop onions, capsicum, spring onion, spring garlic, carrot etc.
- Cut green chillies and deseed them.
- Wash coriander and extract its leaves.
- Cut bread pieces also in small size.(optional use of bread).
- Take the marinated prawns .
- Drain the water of prawn mixture.
- Add plain flour and corn flour and mix them so that each prawn get coated well.
- After 5 minutes sprinkle red chilli powder over the prawns.
- Start the burner and add 150 ml of oil.
- Let the oil gets heated .
- Now add the prawns in the oil and let them fry for 2-3 minutes once there shape turns to our alphabet character C or something like that.
- Flour coating on the prawns will look like crunchy.
- Take out and place the fried prawns on the tissue paper to drain the oil.
- Wait till all prawns get fried and placed on tissue paper.
- Now fry the onions and bread pieces also in the remaining edible oil.
- Take out the fried onion and bread pieces in colandar and let their oil also get drain.
- Now check whether remaining oil in pan is 1-2 tablespoon or not. If not then add more oil.
- Add garlic pieces and cummins and fry them.
- Then add onion, capsicum, carrot, green chilli and stir the mixture and fry for a minute or two.
- Add now all the sauces that is 25 ml of soya sauce, 40 ml of red chilli sauce, 60 ml of tomato sauce, 5 ml of vinegar.
- Stir the mixture once for a minute and then add little red chilli powder and a little bit of sugar (optional).
- Cook this mixture till it gets thicken.
- Add fried prawns and stir the mixture and let it be cooked for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Also add fried bread pieces and onions and mix for once.
- Sprinkle the leaves of spring onion and spring garlic.
- Switch off the burner and also garnish the dish with coriander leaves .
- Serve the dish hot-n-hot.
Note: Large Prawns should be used preferably. I will suggest you to experiment more with the dish using varied items to get mixed in this Chilli Prawn. You can use paneer cut in small equal-sized cubes and fried in oil enough that their softness doesn’t reduce. Add these fried paneer cubes along with the chilli prawn mixture. You can also sprinkle a little red chilli powder or chaat masala on fried paneer.
Nevertheless, you can also experiment with the cheese flakes partially layered over the prepared chilli prawn dish. This will enhance the delicacy of the dish along with your cooking appraisal.
Chilli Prawns are rarely cooked in the home so it will be a good choice when you are arranging a party at the home of your relatives and friends. It will serve as a good starter in lunch or dinner or can be enjoyed with evening tea. You can also enjoy the dish with a glass of wine or whiskey and soft music played in the background will enhance the dish taste during your night alcohol party.
!!!Your patience has given you a very tasteful result of your passion!!