Recipe – Mutton Curry
Introduction—Mutton masala also known as Mutton Curry is delicious and spicy lamb meat cooked using tomato gravy with onions.
Requirements—Cleaned Utensils, Fresh Mutton 300gm, meat pounding tool (tenderizer), Water jug, spices, meat masala, tomatoes, onions, green chilies, red chili powder, fresh yogurt, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and leaves, coconut powder, ginger garlic paste, edible oil, pan or pressure cooker, and your enthusiasm.
- Bring fresh mutton
- Wash it thoroughly with running water or by sinking in a tub of water.
- Drain water.
- Use yogurt, red chili powder, salt, turmeric to marinate the mutton.
- Ginger garlic paste can also use for marination.
- Advisable to refrigerate for a period of 5-6 hours or more for better tendering results is softer.
- Take the marinated mutton out of the fridge.
- Wait till mutton temperature drops and set to normal temperature.
- Till then
- Chop onions,
- Cut green chillies
- Prepare tomato puree
- If you have curry leaves then wash them too.
- Wash coriander and extract its leaves.
- Make paste of coconut powder (optional).
- After pounding of marinated mutton , cut it into equal size pieces.
- Start the burner and boil 2-3 table spoon of edible oil along with cardamom, cumin and cinnamon at medium flame.
- Add chopped onions and green chillies after 5-6 minutes.
- Stir the mixture well till turns yellowish in colour.
- Add 250 to 300 ml water and cooked the mixture for 1 minute in low flame.
- Add the prepared mutton and stir for 7-10 minutes.
- Cover the pan or cooker and let it cook for 8-10 minutes at medium flame and stir once or twice during the period.
- Use meat masala powder of your choice and sprinkle it along with red chilli powder, turmeric, salt and other spices of your choice.
- Stir well this mixture for atleast 5 minutes.
- Add curry leaves and stir again.
- Add previously prepared tomato puree when you feel some oil separated from mixture in the pan.
- Again stir and cooked the mixture for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 1 glass of water .
- Cover the lid of cooker or pan and let it be cooked on medium flame.
- 2-3 whistles of in case of cooker.
- Or get delicious smell in case of pan.
- Previously prepared coconut paste can be added now. Stir again.
- Cooked it now again for 8-10 minutes.
- Your delicious, mouth watering and spicy mutton masala is ready to serve.
- Use coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Cheese garnishing can also be done for a different taste.
Note: Mutton with bone will add more taste in the gravy as the bone flavour will make the gravy more different taste.
!!!Enjoy you dish with Naan, Parantha, Chapaati, Bread etc.